Benton High School Scholarship Opportunities
My name is Liz and I work with TruGreen MidSouth, a local lawn care company in Louisiana. We just recently announced the TruGreen MidSouth 2017 Scholarship Fund to benefit high school & college students who are currently pursuing studies in environmental science, green technology, plant science, biological control and related fields. It is a $500 scholarship for the 2017 fall semester, and we'd love to get the word out!
Here is a link to the scholarship:
Ready to begin a career after high school? Look at Elwood Staffing
Some high school seniors who aren’t college bound may be questioning what your future career path looks like. Elwood Staffing will match you to positions with leading companies in a variety of industries and disciplines. Students only need to fill out one application; then matched and put in front of hiring managers as to get you to work quickly. Go to www.elwoodstaffing.com for more information.
The Wendy's® High School Heisman® Scholarship application is open for students graduating with the class of 2018.
This year, Wendy's® will be awarding 100 students from across the nation with $150,000 in scholarships.
Applying is easy.
Our two-part online application makes it quick and easy for students to apply. We're also giving away $10 Wendy's gift cards to the first 1,000 applicants. So don't wait to tell your students about the program.
What Can You Do?
Get the process started by referring a student https://www.wendyshighschoolheisman.com/application/refer-a-student/ or send your students to wendysheisman.com to apply.
Dear Students & Parents,
My name is Taylor Bacon and I am currently the Pledge Captain of the Psi Chapter of Beta Upsilon Chi. We are the largest Christian Social Fraternity in the nation. We strive to see men grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ through the unique brotherhood a social fraternity offers.
Just a few unique things about Beta Upsilon Chi:
- The average cost of dues is $450, $550 cheaper than the average social fraternity
- All of our events are dry events; brothers are only allowed to drink once they turn 21
- BYX has exchanges with PHC Sororities, but seek fun alternatives like bonfires, trampoline parks, paint wars etc.
- BYX is the fastest growing fraternity in the nation; growing 400% sine 2004 with 37 chapters in over 16 different states
If BYX sounds like something you would like to make a part of your experience at LSU, you may visit our website at www.lsubyx.weebly.com to sign up for more information by clicking the recruitment tab and filling out the contact form. For more information on BYX nationwide, you may visit our national website at www.betaupsilonchi.org
The Benton High School Senior Awards Assembly will take place on Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. in the Benton High School Gymnasium. At this event, we will be presenting all types of awards based on the scholarship, leadership and character of our students. Students who have qualified for scholarships from different colleges and universities are also recognized at this event.
I will need a copy of all academic scholarships offered to you...yes, even the scholarship offers you do not accept. Bring your letters to my office no later than April 28. I will make a copy, then give the original back to you. Only the offers you turn in to me will be announced at the awards assembly.
Subject: Important information to help your students plan for college
The cost of a college education has become a critical part of the planning process for high school students and their parents.
• What kind of financial help is available?
• How do I evaluate college award letters?
• How do I increase my scholarship awards?
At Discover, we believe in providing financial literacy to high school students so they can make informed decisions during the college financial aid planning process. Visit CollegeCovered.com/Assist for valuable free resources:
• Scholarship Sweepstakes — Beginning mid-March, students can enter to win a $2,500 Discover® Student Loans Scholarship Award. We are giving away a total of $100,000 in scholarships to 40 individuals. New for 2017 - Parents of eligible students can enter to win on behalf of their student.
Scholarship details may be found at collegecovered.com/assist. Please click on "Scholarship Awards".
• Scholarship Search — Students and families can search over 3 million scholarships online.
• Articles and Videos — Read up on college planning and financial aid topics, including understanding the award letter.
See attached Scholarship criteria and application process.
2017 Michael J. Penn Memorial Scholarship
Sponsored by the Home Builders Association of Northwest Louisiana, this one-time $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to a graduating high school student who plans to attend a four-year college and major in Construction Management, Engineering, or Architecture.
See Mrs. Abernathy or go to www.nwlahba.org for an application. The deadline to apply is April 28, 2017. The recipient will be announced May 12, 2017.
9th Annual NSU Louisiana High School Essay Contest
Students wishing to enter the contest will write a 1,000-2,000 word essay addressing the prompt: “Louisiana Landscapes”. The essay contest is open to all Louisiana students in grades 9-12. In addition to three winners being awarded cash prizes and a $200/per semester NSU scholarship with a value up to $1600 if they attend NSU for 4 years, the three winning essays will be published in the Louisiana Folk Life Journal. Contest winners will also be invited to present their essay on the 9th annual Louisiana Studies Conference held in Natchitoches, LA on Saturday, September 23, 2017.
Please go to http://louisianafolklife.nsula.edu/call-for-papers-2016-nsu-louisiana-high-school-essay-contest/ for all essay details and information. Entry deadline is May 19, 2017.
Seniors and Parents of Seniors,
It is time to file your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Completing the FAFSA is the first step toward getting federal aid for college, career school, or technical school. They provide more than $150 billion in grants, work-study funds, and loans each year, but you have to complete the FAFSA to see if you can get any of that money. FAFSA is also your application for the TOPS scholarship.
First, go to StudentAid.gov/fsaid to apply for an FSA ID #...student and parent must apply for one.
Apply for FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov
Attached is a book that may aid you and/or your student in the transition from high school to college, career, etc. It is titled Simple Steps For Living Life: Out On Your Own. This is a link to the book page... http://simplestepsforlivinglife.com/outonyourown/. It tells a little more about the book and has a link if people would prefer a printed version.
Please let me know what you think about the book. I'm hoping to help lots of people! :)
Thank you so much!!!
The BPCC Office of Recruiting invites you to attend an informational program to learn about the College and answer any questions you may have. Learn about admissions, financial aid, programs, and scholarships. There is limited seating, so reserve your seats today at http://www.bpcc.edu/futurestudents/cavalierpreviewnight.html.
All preview nights are held on BPCC's campus Building F, Room 203 from 6:00-8:00 p.m. on the following dates:
Attached is the Student Scholarships Newsletter.
The Louisiana Lions Club is recruiting high school students, ages 16 and above, to fill summer staff positions. There are Junior Counselor positions available for 16 and 17 year old students. Students aged 18 or above may apply for Senior Counselor and Activity Instructor positions. Those with current certifications may apply for Lifeguard positions.
The summer camp runs for seven weeks...new staff reports June 6, 2017. Camp ends on July 22, 2017. Graduating seniors may apply for one of ten $500 scholarships which are awarded at the end of the season to qualified applicants.
To request an application, interested students may download the application from www.lionscamp.org. Application is also attached.
- The Staff Application has 7 pages
- You must print 2 additional copies of the reference form, which is a 2 page document (They are pages 4 and 5 of the document, so that you have a total of 3 reference forms
Our school system is included in the membership field at Jefferson Financial Federal Credit Union, making our students eligible to apply for scholarships. Deadline to apply is May 15, 2017.Here's the application link:
1. The first scholarship is "Aspiring Fashion Professional" Scholarship. This is a $1,000 scholarship that will be awarded to students that are interested in pursuing a fashion degree at an accredited post-secondary school or college. Interested students can visit this link www.fashion-schools.org and find the scholarship located at the bottom of the page and click on it.
2. The 2nd Scholarship is the "Aspiring Animation Professional" Scholarship Program. This is the 5th year we are awarding this scholarship for AnimationCareerReview.com. We are offering high school seniors the opportunity to win a $1,000 scholarship. This will be awarded to students that are interested in pursuing an animation career path at an accredited post-secondary school or college. We ask that you have interested students visit our website, http://www.animationcareerreview.com/ to find eligibility information along with the online application. The scholarship will be on the right side of the page and click on it.
3. The 3rd scholarship was started late last year and is being offered again this year. "Aspiring Business Professional" Scholarship. This is a $1,000 scholarship that will be awarded to students that are interested in pursuing a business degree at any accredited post-secondary school or college. Interested students can visit this link http://www.onlinembareport.com/ and find the scholarship located at the right side of the page and click on it.
Fashion School, Animation Career Review, Online MBA Report
a subsidiary of BGP Site Solutions
The Louisiana Office of Student Financial Assistance (LOSFA) provides text messages to convey critical college access information to high school seniors. High school seniors who elect to receive text messages will receive reminders of ACT/SAT testing registration deadlines, college application preparation assistance, Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) completion assistance, financial aid/college access information and reminders of fee payment deadlines for college applications, housing applications and orientation applications.
Interested seniors can opt-in to the Signal Vine text messaging platform by emailing their name, high school name and cell phone number to LOSFA.SignalVine@la.gov
FAFSA Becomes Available October 1
The 2017-2018 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) will become available on October 1, 2016. The FAFSA can be completed by current high school seniors and current college students. The FAFSA acts as the application for federal aid programs including the Pell Grant, Federal Work Study Program, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) and Stafford Loans (subsidized, unsubsidized and parent PLUS loans). The FAFSA also acts as the application for state aid programs including the Taylor Opportunity Program for Students (TOPS) and the Louisiana Go Grant.
For more information visit the Department's FAFSA webpage at https://fafsa.ed.gov/
The American Musical and Dramatic Academy
The AMDA is accepting applications and holding auditions for enrollment in Los Angeles and New York City for Spring 2017, Summer 2017, and Fall 2017 terms. The AMDA offers multiple Bachelor of Fine Arts degrees in the performing arts and awards more than $10 million in scholarships each year. Scholarships are awarded based on talent, merit, academic excellence and financial need. Interested students should call the admissions department at 800-367-7908 or visit amda.edu to learn more about our programs and audition opportunities.