Benton High School Scholarship Opportunities
Tens of thousands of websites link to the website http://www.college-scholarships.com, including those of college access programs, high schools, universities, libraries,U.S. Embassies, state departments of education, federal government agencies, newspapers, and more. And, Google ranks us in the top 10 (often in the first five) results for "college scholarships".
Among the pages on our site that I think you and your students will find most helpful are:
1. a page that links to more than 60 helpful articles on subjects of interest to college-bound and current college students- http://www.college-scholarships.com/blog.
2. a page which lists and links to more than 70 no-cost college scholarship search sites which match students to available scholarships- http://www.college-scholarships.com/free-scholarship-searches.
3. a student loan repayment calculator- http://www.college-scholarships.com/financial-aid/student-loan-calculator.
4. a page that lists colleges by state, with contact information and links- http://www.college-scholarships.com/colleges-by-state.
5. an online GPA calculator that many believe is the best on the Internet- http://www.college-scholarships.com/gpa-calculator.
6. a list of colleges with comprehensive programs for students with learning disabilities- http://www.college-scholarships.com/schools/colleges-with-programs-for-students-with-learning-disabilities.
And http://www.college-scholarships.com offers even more, including a list of HBCU's, a list of colleges for women, a list of Catholic colleges, and a list of Christian colleges. And, more information is added every month.
We hope that you and those you serve find our site helpful. And, we hope you will link to us so our site can reach and assist more families.
Your comments and suggestions are always welcome.
American Educational Guidance Center
With the Marine Corps NROTC program, you have the ability to earn two prized titles at once – college graduate and United States Marine.
If you qualify for the NROTC program, you can receive substantial financial assistance at one of more than 130 top universities and colleges.
The scholarship includes money for almost all areas of school expenses: tuition, textbooks, fees and uniforms. It also includes a subsistence allowance to help with extra costs associated with being a full-time student. Throughout your four years of college you will gain the additional professional military education and leadership experience to become a Marine Second Lieutenant.
If you are interested in the NROTC program, contact Sergeant Sylvis at (318) 609-0176 to see if you qualify.
The Minden and Shreveport Campuses of Northwest Louisiana Technical College are offering a Red Stick Robotics Summer Camp funded through the Carl Perkins CCTC Region 7 Grant.
The Camp is open to rising 6th – 12th grade students and will be conducted June 6 – 8 from 9 am – 4 pm. Lunch will be provided.
Because of the nature of the summer camp, students need to commit to attend all day, each day.
The camp is open on a first come – first served basis!
Below is a link for registration for a Red Stick Robotics Summer Camp.
Scholarship and Prize opportunities for students...
The LA Tech chapter of Alpha Gamma Rho is offering a scholarship. It is open to all males and females attending LA Tech in the fall; and you do not have to pledge any sorority or fraternity in order to receive it. There is no essay, just a google form that must be completed.
Here's the link to the scholarship http://goo.gl/forms/ujqcVw6G0C When you fill out the form, your information will be auto-logged into the system and someone will contact you for further instruction.
Provided below is an overview of our Debutante Mentoring Program:
The goal of our Debutante Cotillion and Scholarship Program is to enhance personal, civic, and leadership development through educational workshops while promoting community service and scholarship. This program is open to young ladies, currently enrolled in high school, who are anticipating graduation May 2017, and are planning to enroll in a post-secondary educational institution The Debutante Cotillion and Scholarship Program is made up of six key components:
- Educational Workshops
- Community Service / Volunteerism
- Cultural Activities
- College Tour
- The Debutante Cotillion and Scholarship Presentation
This distinctive program is an experience that will remain in the hearts and minds of each young lady, as it creates an avenue for involvement in an array of cultural, academic, and social activities.
I've attached a copy of the 2016-2017 Debutante Application and Brochure for our Debutante Mentoring Program for dissemination. Please contact Jennifer King at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 770-906-1733 if you have any young ladies interested in this opportunity.
Application deadline is September 9, 2016.
Please see attached flyer for undergraduate programs offered at BPCC.
My name is Caryn with Experience America. Experience America started five years ago with the goal of creating Summer programs for high school students which we hope they will love. A core focus of our programs is to give our students a candid look into these industries before they take the next steps in their education.
We developed our programs with the University of Washington in Seattle, as well as The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising (FIDM) in Los Angeles.
- Entrepreneurship (UW): Helping students learn how to start a successful business with University of Washington’s Foster School of Business and visit with local startups.
- Game Experience (UW): Introduces students to game development, teaching them elements of design, animation, and manage their own game companies.
- Fashion at FiDM: This program is for students who want to dive into LA's fashion and design industry and learn how to take designs from concept to consumer.
- Experience Japan (Nagoya & Tokyo): This immersion trip is for students who have a passion for Japanese language and culture. It gives students the opportunity to explore Japan as a tourist, student, and professional.
I have attached our Summer 2016 Brochure to this email as well as the link to Experience Japan above. I would appreciate you sharing our programs with any students that you think have a passion for any one of these industries.
Let me know if you have any questions. Feel free to pass along my contact information to students to contact me as well. I look forward to working with you and Benton High School!
Experience America | Program Coordinator & Marketing Associate
T: +1 206 258-9691
4556 University Way NE, Suite #200, Seattle, WA 98105
Application due by April 25, 2016 for ($500.00)
Hand in application to Mrs. LeFranc, Room B-3
Requirements: 1. Student must have at least a 3.0 GPA 2. Student must be involved in at least one sport 3. Student must attend a two or four year college
I just wanted to pass on a few more scholarship opportunities for your seniors.
1. Louisiana Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
Will award four $500 scholarships to seniors in Louisiana.
Deadline: May 30, 2016
Every year we have a Financial Aid Awareness Month campaign. You should have received posters and flyers for your students. Please remind them about the opportunities for the essay/video contest. We usually have about 125 essays and last year we only had about 12 - 15 videos. So, odds are not bad in possibly winning! First place is $1,000 and second place is $750. Additionally - seniors can sign up to win a scholarship at www.GoFAAM.com for posting a pic on instagram and by just registering for the random $500 scholarship drawing. All can be done at www.GoFAAM.com.
With the uncertainity of TOPS, please make sure your seniors are completing their FAFSA. If they have questions or need help, please send them to me. Or, you are welcome to give them my phone number or email address. I'll be glad to assist them.
Have a great Wednesday!
askLela Marketing Representative
Below is a link to the updated 2015-16 TOPS Questions and Answers (TOPS Q and A):
SAT and ACT Test Season is Here
eKnowledge & NFL Athletes Donate Free* $200 SAT and ACT PowerPrep™
Programs to Military Families Worldwide
Nervous about the SAT/ACT exams?
We can prepare your student for one of the most important tests
they will ever take.
Programs already in Use: 200,000+
Value of donated Programs: $40,000,000+
PowerPrep Programs include 11 hours of video instruction, practice tests, sample questions and over 3000 files of supplemental test prep material. Students select the training they need and study at their own pace.
Secure your donated $200 program: www.eKnowledge.com/Barksdale
Order by phone: 951-256-4076
*There is a nominal charge for materials, support, shipping and handling of $13.84 -$19.99 per standard program.
100+ NFL, MLB, and Corporate Sponsors
"I am grateful for the support I received from my family, coaches and teachers, when I was preparing for college. I know a good education is the single greatest predictor of success and that's why I wholeheartedly support the eKnowledge SAT/ACT donation project--." #50 A.J. Hawk Green Bay Packers
60,000+ thank you and testimonials
- Great program! My son used the DVD and scored high enough on his SAT to get a 4 yr academic scholarship to the University of Maryland. My daughter is next and we hope for the same outcome. Thank you so much for your support! H. Cole
- My daughter used her ACT/SAT prep DVD to prepare 3 years ago - she is now a sophomore at the University of AL on a full ride academic scholarship! Her scholarship was predicated on her high ACT score. I just ordered the latest version for my son... (Let's hope lightning strikes twice!) Thanks for a wonderful resource!!! A. Raebel
2012/2013 SAT TEST DATES
2012/2013 ACT TEST DATES
For further information, please contact Lori Caputo, 951-256-4076, LoriCaputo@eKnowledge.com