Benton High School Scholarship Opportunities
Scholarship and Prize opportunities for students...
The LA Tech chapter of Alpha Gamma Rho is offering a scholarship. It is open to all males and females attending LA Tech in the fall; and you do not have to pledge any sorority or fraternity in order to receive it. There is no essay, just a google form that must be completed.
Here's the link to the scholarship http://goo.gl/forms/ujqcVw6G0C When you fill out the form, your information will be auto-logged into the system and someone will contact you for further instruction.
Provided below is an overview of our Debutante Mentoring Program:
The goal of our Debutante Cotillion and Scholarship Program is to enhance personal, civic, and leadership development through educational workshops while promoting community service and scholarship. This program is open to young ladies, currently enrolled in high school, who are anticipating graduation May 2017, and are planning to enroll in a post-secondary educational institution The Debutante Cotillion and Scholarship Program is made up of six key components:
- Educational Workshops
- Community Service / Volunteerism
- Cultural Activities
- College Tour
- The Debutante Cotillion and Scholarship Presentation
This distinctive program is an experience that will remain in the hearts and minds of each young lady, as it creates an avenue for involvement in an array of cultural, academic, and social activities.
I've attached a copy of the 2016-2017 Debutante Application and Brochure for our Debutante Mentoring Program for dissemination. Please contact Jennifer King at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 770-906-1733 if you have any young ladies interested in this opportunity.
Application deadline is September 9, 2016.
Please see attached flyer for undergraduate programs offered at BPCC.
My name is Caryn with Experience America. Experience America started five years ago with the goal of creating Summer programs for high school students which we hope they will love. A core focus of our programs is to give our students a candid look into these industries before they take the next steps in their education.
We developed our programs with the University of Washington in Seattle, as well as The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising (FIDM) in Los Angeles.
- Entrepreneurship (UW): Helping students learn how to start a successful business with University of Washington’s Foster School of Business and visit with local startups.
- Game Experience (UW): Introduces students to game development, teaching them elements of design, animation, and manage their own game companies.
- Fashion at FiDM: This program is for students who want to dive into LA's fashion and design industry and learn how to take designs from concept to consumer.
- Experience Japan (Nagoya & Tokyo): This immersion trip is for students who have a passion for Japanese language and culture. It gives students the opportunity to explore Japan as a tourist, student, and professional.
I have attached our Summer 2016 Brochure to this email as well as the link to Experience Japan above. I would appreciate you sharing our programs with any students that you think have a passion for any one of these industries.
Let me know if you have any questions. Feel free to pass along my contact information to students to contact me as well. I look forward to working with you and Benton High School!
Experience America | Program Coordinator & Marketing Associate
T: +1 206 258-9691
4556 University Way NE, Suite #200, Seattle, WA 98105
8th Annual NSU Louisiana High School Essay Contest
Students wishing to enter the contest will write a 1,000-2,500 word essay addressing the prompt: “Louisiana Inspirations.” Students are invited to explore the question: “What experience in Louisiana had inspired you the most?” The essay contest is open to all Louisiana students in grades 9-12. Three winners will be awarded cash prizes and $200/per semester at NSU scholarship with a value up to $1600 for four years.
Deadline for entry is May 16, 2016. Please see Mrs. Abernathy for an information sheet.
Application due by April 25, 2016 for ($500.00)
Hand in application to Mrs. LeFranc, Room B-3
Requirements: 1. Student must have at least a 3.0 GPA 2. Student must be involved in at least one sport 3. Student must attend a two or four year college
I just wanted to pass on a few more scholarship opportunities for your seniors.
1. Louisiana Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
Will award four $500 scholarships to seniors in Louisiana.
Deadline: May 30, 2016
Every year we have a Financial Aid Awareness Month campaign. You should have received posters and flyers for your students. Please remind them about the opportunities for the essay/video contest. We usually have about 125 essays and last year we only had about 12 - 15 videos. So, odds are not bad in possibly winning! First place is $1,000 and second place is $750. Additionally - seniors can sign up to win a scholarship at www.GoFAAM.com for posting a pic on instagram and by just registering for the random $500 scholarship drawing. All can be done at www.GoFAAM.com.
With the uncertainity of TOPS, please make sure your seniors are completing their FAFSA. If they have questions or need help, please send them to me. Or, you are welcome to give them my phone number or email address. I'll be glad to assist them.
Have a great Wednesday!
askLela Marketing Representative
SB Steppers, Inc. will be giving away two scholarships in the amount of $500.00. One will be given to a student attending a historically black college or university (HBCU) and another to a student attending the college of their choice. Applicant requirements are as follows:
- Applicant must be in good standing at their school.
- Applicants must have a grade-point average of 2.50 or better.
- Must be attending a four year college or university.
- Applicants must submit the following documents to the SB Steppers Selection Committee:
- Completed application with verification by the Senior Counselor
- Complete high school transcript with overall GPA
- One letter of recommendation from the student’s high school administrator, counselor, or teacher
- Typed essay of no less than 500 words, MLA format, Times Roman 12 point, double-spaced on the following topic:
“The Future of Higher Education: How it will impact the decision of high school graduates to enter the workforce or get a college degree?”
Please see Mrs. Abernathy in the counselor’s office for an application. Deadline is May 15, 2016.
A scholarship opportunity is available on behalf of Neblett, Beard & Arsenault. The scholarship was created to spread awareness about distracted driving in Louisiana, a topic that many students are familiar with.
The scholarship information can be found at: nbalawfirm.com/2016-scholarship-essay-contest .
The top prize awarded is $1,500, with two other prizes available in the amounts of $1,000 and $500. The scholarship is open to Louisiana High school juniors and seniors, as well as two and four-year college students. Entries are due May 15, 2016.
Below is a link to the updated 2015-16 TOPS Questions and Answers (TOPS Q and A):
SAT and ACT Test Season is Here
eKnowledge & NFL Athletes Donate Free* $200 SAT and ACT PowerPrep™
Programs to Military Families Worldwide
Nervous about the SAT/ACT exams?
We can prepare your student for one of the most important tests
they will ever take.
Programs already in Use: 200,000+
Value of donated Programs: $40,000,000+
PowerPrep Programs include 11 hours of video instruction, practice tests, sample questions and over 3000 files of supplemental test prep material. Students select the training they need and study at their own pace.
Secure your donated $200 program: www.eKnowledge.com/Barksdale
Order by phone: 951-256-4076
*There is a nominal charge for materials, support, shipping and handling of $13.84 -$19.99 per standard program.
100+ NFL, MLB, and Corporate Sponsors
"I am grateful for the support I received from my family, coaches and teachers, when I was preparing for college. I know a good education is the single greatest predictor of success and that's why I wholeheartedly support the eKnowledge SAT/ACT donation project--." #50 A.J. Hawk Green Bay Packers
60,000+ thank you and testimonials
- Great program! My son used the DVD and scored high enough on his SAT to get a 4 yr academic scholarship to the University of Maryland. My daughter is next and we hope for the same outcome. Thank you so much for your support! H. Cole
- My daughter used her ACT/SAT prep DVD to prepare 3 years ago - she is now a sophomore at the University of AL on a full ride academic scholarship! Her scholarship was predicated on her high ACT score. I just ordered the latest version for my son... (Let's hope lightning strikes twice!) Thanks for a wonderful resource!!! A. Raebel
2012/2013 SAT TEST DATES
2012/2013 ACT TEST DATES
For further information, please contact Lori Caputo, 951-256-4076, LoriCaputo@eKnowledge.com
The 2015-2016 Shreveport Elks Lodge 122 Elks Student of the Month Scholarship program
The Student of the Month Scholarship contest is open to any and all seniors who wish to enter. A copy of the application is attached to this post. You may also pick one up from Mrs. Abernathy in the counselors' office.
Please submit only the application for judging. The scholarships will be awarded for the months of August through April. Completed applications should be received at the lodge by the 10th of each month. Awards for August and September will be selected at the end of September. All applications received by September 10th will be eligible for competition for these two months. Send completed forms to the Shreveport Elks Lodge, PO Box 5805, Shreveport, LA 71105, Attention: Scholarship Committee Chairman. Applications can also be submitted by email to email@example.com.
Each month a $500-$1000 scholarship will be awarded to an outstanding senior boy and senior girl who demonstrate exemplary standards. They should be well rounded with leadership, citizenship, service, and scholarship qualities. These students will be competing with applicants from high schools in the Caddo-Bossier area. On May 10, 2016 these students will be honored at the Lodge’s annual Scholarship Banquet. All winners will be eligible for the Elk Student of the Year Scholarship (one boy and one girl). The Elk Student of the Year Scholarship winners will be announced at the banquet.
The Elks National Foundation also offers several other Scholarships for students to compete at the national level
The scholarships are:
1. Most Valuable Student Scholarship- Open to all senior students who are a citizen of the United States. Applications are available online at http://www.elks.org/ENF/scholars/mvs.cfm. The completed application must be submitted to the Elks Lodge no later than December 4, 2015.
2. The Eagle Scout Scholarship- Open to all high school senior registered Eagle Scouts. The deadline is October 31, 2015. For more information contact the Scout Service Center.
3. Girl Scout Gold Award Scholarship- Open to all high school senior Girl Scouts. For more information contact the local Girl Scout council.